8 May 2006

Recipe of the day - comfrey tea


How do you make comfrey tea I hear you ask. Well first you have to make the tea bag. That involves shoving a lot of comfrey into a pillow case and tying the top. You then find your tea pot (an old dustbin will do fine) and steep the tea bag for a week, poking it with a blunt stick daily.

Alegedly it is the best tonic for tomato plants but the smell leaves much to be desired. It is a shame that there is no such thing as smellie-mail or I could share it with you.

Here is a photo of the tea bag ready to be dunked.

A double blog today as you will have noticed from the picture, I am modelling the latest in allotment wear. I am afraid I could not meet the high standard set by James and Katy back in March, so have gone for my own style with unmatching knee pads and gloves (I have another set the same somewhere).

No comments: