30 March 2008

Ducks and strawberries


Do ducks and strawberries mix - I should say so.

I have decided that growing strawberries in the ground isn't a wise move as the ducks seem to live them so much, so I have transplanted some into a discarded wheelbarrow. Some people throw away the strangest things, but we saw its potential. What I didn't appreciate was quite how tall some of the ducks are, and they can still reach.

I think these may be what is known as a sacrificial crop!

I have a contingency and have filled the bath with a mixture of manure and soil with a layer of duck bedding at the bottom, and planted 25 strawberry plants. No, not the bath at home, the one on the allotment, although it has given me an idea for more space as Nick always has showers, I am sure he wouldn't notice.

No comments: