28 January 2010


Very happy ducks now as Nick spent last weekend putting their houses back together. They were obviously unhappy sleeping so close to the door but now that they have a living room and a bed room they can get away to safety. It has made it much easier for me to put them to bed as they don't panic and fly out when I am trying to shut the door.

The next job is to get a proper gate made as it still looks like a building site with the bit of scaffolding net pinned up and broken breeze blocks holding it down. We are hoping for some nice weather over the weekend so that we can get a bit of tidying up done. When I say 'we' I do of course mean Nick with me watching!




The Nuthatch is a constant visitor to the garden and seems to know when I fill the feeders. He is a bit of a bully and pushes the blue tits out of the way when he wants to get his share.








I haven't been near the sewing room for ages but the other night I decided to a bit of clearing up and found a little strip of bits of fabric trimmed off something else so I sewed a back on it, folded in three lengthways and sewed a phone cover for my new phone. It is a tight fit but, when she called to see me yesterday, found that it was a perfect fit for Katy's so she inherited this one and I will have to make myself another about 5mm wider.

No comments: