13 March 2010

Dont believe what they say


Every article I have read about keeping ducks in your garden say that they dont touch plants so are good for a garden. Well..... I don't know where that idea came from but wherever it was can you please tell our ducks. I had a wonderful show of crocus in the back garden - mainly yellow with a few purple. I now have a few purple and no yellow. Aparently ducks go made for yellow crocus flowers.

They come out in the garden for a forage every day but I try to keep them away from the beds. They dont seem to be eating any other plants but they have big wide feet that trample everything in site. It is impossible to take a picture of them as they are heads down the whole time. Emily has her wonderful winter plumage still but it shouldn't be long before they start moulting so so will start to go pale soon.

The bottom lawn is beautifully mown but the problem is that they are fertilising it as they go so you have to watch where you walk.

No comments: