4 April 2010

Great find at the tip


Last weekend we went to the tip to get rid of all the rose prunings as they can't be composted.

I never miss the chance to look in their shed to see what they have salvaged for sale, and came away £2 worse off financially but much richer in garden planters.

I have a sack of polystyrene at the allotment that I will use to half fill, then a bag of compost and one the weather improves will plant with trailing toms and basil.

I am not sure where to site it. I put it here so that it will get the best of the sun but I think it may be better on the decking where it will be (slightly) less likely to be attacked by ducks.

1 comment:

Shaheen said...

Fantastic. Its things like this that give your garden character. If I had seen them, I too would have taken them.