27 May 2010

Ranunculus


I have some beautiful blooms appeared near the front door. I think they are bulbs that Katy game me and I put them in there for lack of space elsewhere.

They are Ranunculus and in lovely colours in shades of pink and yellow. I can't imagine that Katy would have parted with them apart from the fact that they are ugly bulbs with tentacles but they have turned out to be lovely flowers.

I decided to find out more about them by looking on Wikepedia. I didn't get any further than the International Phonetic Alphabet (IPA) way of how to pronounce the word. I didn't have any trouble with Ranunculus but I certainly do with the IPA. ræˈnʌŋkjʊləs

2 comments:

Katy47p said...

Very lovely, I don't know where mine went! There was a yellow one features on last night's chelsea flower show programmes table decoration. xx

Bex said...

Wow, they are sooooo beautiful!