27 June 2010

Feeling blue


What do you do when it is too hot to garden or go to the allotment, you are not a football fan and a very long extension lead is sitting redundant in the garage?

Fix it up to your shed of course.

I moved the sewing machine into the shed and sat happily for a couple of hours cutting and sewing until I made this. I had the blue blocks made already when I needed practice at making 'Pinwheels' and found a bit of lightweight denim that was a perfect shade to tie them all together.

Unfortunately, it seems that I can't count to 20 as I was one block short but the cunning person I am I came up with the idea of a plain blue block which I will embroider with my name and the date. A future heirloom!

Hopefully England will get through to the next round so that I can quilt and bind it.

No comments: