16 August 2010

The shed


You will see from the title that there is a bit of an ownership issue with the new shed. I call it my shed but Angel thinks otherwise. Whenever I am working in the shed she keeps guard outside the door and when I leave she goes in and checks her various sleeping positions to make sure I haven't disturbed anything.

Anyway.... I have been busy on the outside and wanted to put a flower bed in front of the shed but found that the ground was so solid that I couldn't even get a spade in. As a temporary measure, I used the blocks that are still staked up from when we took down the raised bed and put some lovely big flower pots on them. It is a bit late to plant them up but I have put some perenials in so next year they should be lovely.

I also put up two of the bird houses that I got for my birthday and hope that being under the tree and near one of the feeding stations that I will seen get neighbours.

The third house is going up on the side of the duck compound as this is also near a tree but out of cat reach.

As a special treat I will also show you the inside of the shed. There is a Lloyd loom chair, a tall cabinet with small drawers and some shelves near the door that you can't see. I have two bins one for rubbish and one for fabric scraps. I have also marked Angel's sleeping spots. It seems to vary depending on time of day, termperature and how much of a look out she needs.

Don't be fooled by the sewing machine on the bench, this is just for show as there is no power so I have to cut in the shed and sew in the sewing room.

1 comment:

Bex said...

oooh, the pots and bird houses look lovely. I can't believe you have the sewing machine just for show!