29 September 2010

Prototype


I decided that I needed more carrying space on my bike so the obvious solution was paniers. I was so disappoined to find that the fabric I used for my basket cover is no longer available so decided to go for something very different.









This is the prototype and I already have many changes that I will made. Firstly the pocket covers could be shorter, the handle needs to go the other way round, I would use ties instead of velcro for the bag closings and I would make it a bit narrower so that it fits inside the carrier on the back of the bike rather than overhanging at the back.









It attaches to the bike with velcro strips that attach at the back and front of the carrier and I will also add a tie which is long enough to go around the saddle stem to stop the risk of it slipping backwards.

I might swap the two fabrics around a bit as well so watch this space for version 2.

2 comments:

Katy47p said...

I love the green spotty fabric, The pink you got for me is perfect colour and the flowers match the saddle perfectly. x

Bex said...

I like the contrasting fabrics, they look lovely, very appley in colour!