13 August 2006

Very continental

Shock horror - we have a shortage of courgettes, so we have gone very continental. We have some magnificent peppers, aubergines, garlic, basil and yellow tomatoes so a very different taste for today. The aubergines are supposed to be grown in a greenhouse but the ones that I had spare and planted outside are doing much better and are much bigger. Same with the peppers at home - I think Tesco would clasify them both as large and charge extra.

The few courgettes that were left from last week have been made into soup and I am afraid I cannot share my secret recipe for Courgette and stilton as it is so wonderful.

I have also made my first garlic plait. These are the few left over from the autumn sowing. The spring sown ones are not ready yet but seem to be swelling nicely - another month and they should be ready for pulling. Onions have gone over really early so I think they will have to be pulled to make space for an autumn sowing. We really under estimaged the amount we would use so I think double the amount of both garlic and onions next year and cut back on other things (I think you can guess what!).

No comments: