20 November 2009

Wood delivery

We were down to our last few logs most of which were too big to fit in the stove so I arranged a delivery which arrived today. It is lovely seasoned hardwood so should burn hot and slow.

As we lost our logstore I decided that the area behind the pillar near the front door (where no plants will grow) would be ideal for a log store. It also means that we can go out in all weathers to get wood as it is under cover of the porch andthe overhang on the bay window so it will keep nice and dry there.

I did have a bit of a landslide at one point when the pile was getting a bit too high for me to reach the top but at least it doesn't block the door. One slight problem is that I have burried the bag of kindling so we may have to get another until we use up the pile.



The spookiest thing happened when I published this post. A google ad appeared for logs. Much more expensive than my local tree surgeon though so I will stick with G A Butler & Sons for the time being.

No comments: