1 January 2010

120 foot tall duck


I took the opportunity of the sun shining to experiment with the new camera. I say the sun was shining but the temperature never got about freezing all day so it was a sunny day not a warm and sunny day.

Anyway, with my coat, two hats, two scarves and a pair of gloves, I tried out the super zoom which is aparently 60x zoom.

I tried to get some close up shots of the ducks without disturbing them but going to full zoom.

I took this picutre of Daisy and worked out that, on the basis that she is about two foot tall, this is showing what a 120 foot tall duck would look like.




As Emily is quite a bit taller than Daisy, we had better watch out for low flying aircraft!

By the look on her face she is trying to work out a rather complicated mathematical equation.
















I also managed to capture this cheeky blackbird and the winter sun give it a lovely warm glow.

After all the snow and rain we have had in the last couple of weeks - roll on Spring.

No comments: