19 March 2010

I couldn't resist

I found a fabric designer that I have put at the top of my list of fave designers. Martha Negley.

I decided to treat myself to a couple of small pieces of her fabric.

It at least reminds me of the allotment even if we haven't been there to do any work.










Talking of which. We really are hoping for some dry weather over the weekend so that we can carry on clearing. We have done two beds so I should be able to get the first early potatoes in and the spring sown onions which are starting to sprout in a basket by the front door.

I am looking forward to seeing if the fruit bushes trees are showing any signs of budding. The blueberries certainly were last time.

Another job which is essential is to cut down the raspberries. There are a lot of them and they are worse than rose bushes so I think the strimmer will be the best option and then rake them up. We are going to put ground cover down in the fruit cage to stop them shooping everywhere so Nick will need to dig those out but we will leave a strip along the back as these are the biggest and best raspberries that we have.

No comments: