19 March 2010

The sewing room




I know I said part of my therapy was to spend at least an hour in the sewing room - well.... it is weeks since I have done any sewing but I started again this week. I have joined a quilt along. This is called Pinwheel Party so every block has at least one pinwheel.

The patterns are released on the internet one at a time every Monday. As it is from the US these appear quite late in the evening. Even though I had signed up, I didnt get started until this week.

I spent Monday cutting and Tuesday sewing. Considering this is the first time I have done some piecing and my first, second, third and fourth pinwheel, I am fairly pleased with myself.

The requirements were six fabrics and a background. I don't do white backgrounds but loved this spotty green.

No comments: