19 August 2010

Year of the fruit


It is definately a fruit year. We went to the allotment to get every tub and bin we could find for the spare soil out of the pond hole. We will use this to fill a raised bed (one we get round to building the raised bed.

We have decided to give up 51 as we have the duck compound of 53 to use for growing so will have a much more managable space and will get organised with making it easier to work - wtch this space for updates.

While we were there I picked some blackberries, raspberries and blueberries to eaer that day and realised that there was a glut of raspberries ready to pick. Unfortunately there wasn't a container in sight but..... I did have some large flower pots which would hold plums so we collected the reasonable ones that had faller and picked the ready plums on the trees.

Two big flowerpots later I realised that I was going to have to do something with them and as I was in Southampton on Tuesday and London on Wednesday, they had to be kept cool until today. That means today is officially named - Plum Jam Day.

Once again, good in theory but I didn't have a pan big enought for all of them so they are being done in two batches. Here is the first.

1 comment:

Katy47p said...

Do you want two other varieties of plums too make Jam with too? I will never manage to eat them all!